This box for 4th and 5th graders can also be used by advanced 3rd graders or older children with little exposure to the subject. It includes an encyclopedia, historical fiction, non-fiction, an activity book, and art supplies. We also include four games. Students will study major concepts from Exploration and Discovery to Modern Times.
The workbook writing exercises in short answer form for each topic as well as crossword puzzles, song writing, analyzing historical documents, illustrating, acrostic poems, charts, activity ideas, quizzes, interviews, Venn diagrams, and book reports. We also include a page titled “What your child should know” at the beginning of each section and another titled “Questions to ask your child” at the end of each section. Use these to generate family discussion and debate.
The box includes:
- One encyclopedia of American History
- Six books of historical fiction
- Six non-fiction books
- 4 – 5 American History puzzles and games
- Basic supplies
- Activity Book divided into 12 themes and eras with a concept list, writing prompts, and connected activities. Activities might include a crossword puzzle, word search, Venn diagram, acrostic poem, or a journal entry.
- One supplemental plan for American History with additional book and activity recommendations.
- A final assessment and extended mastery-learning plan.
Price: $399 plus shipping costs.
To order multiple boxes, or to pay by check, please contact us to request an invoice.
Some expats qualify for reimbursement for history kits for their children. Please let us know if you think you might qualify and we will provide you with the necessary paperwork and contacts.
Some books and games may be substituted depending on availability. Unfortunately, some books go out of print or are temporarily unavailable. Due to our small size, we don’t keep a large inventory. We will make sure your substitutions are fun to read, historically relevant, and age appropriate!