Earth Day is coming up and we have a few book suggestions and activity ideas! With so much discussion about climate change, weather patterns, pollution, and what we can do to protect our earth, now is a great time to commit to sharing a productive Earth day with our children! We are planning a big trash-pick up in a neighborhood near the river with friends of all ages. Then, we plan to celebrate with a plastic-free party, seed planting, and mural drawing. How will you celebrate?
Our favorite books for Earth Day:
- Help to Help the Earth, by the Lorax, by Dr. Seuss
- Compost Stew: An A to Z Recipe for the Earth, by Mary Siddals
- Earth Day, Every Day, by Lisa Bullard
- I Can Save the Earth, by Alison Inches
- Why Should I Recycle, by Jen Green
- Try to get through the whole day without using any plastic.
- Plant a tree or two.
- Get outside and find a place to pick up trash.
- Hug a tree.
- Create an Earth Day mural with pictures of things you love about the Earth.
- Donate your used clothes and toys to someone who can use them.
- Make apple peanut butter balls for the birds (dip the peanut butter in birdseed!)