Does your kid know all of the presidents? Ok, we don’t really either. But, here’s a great website for learning about some of your favorites!
Tips for Learning about the President:
- We suggest using puzzles, flashcards, and games to at least get familiar with all the names.
- Hang a poster up in the kitchen and talk about some of the most famous guys.
- Take a couple of months and try to talk about one president a day each night, with bonus points for anyone who brings specific facts and information to the table.
- If you live in the U.S., try to visit a Presidential home, birthplace, or library or two!
- Buy fun books of fiction about your favorite presidents.
- Make an American History timeline and put in each president and three major events that happened during his lifetime (if possible).
- Interview grandparents, neighbors, and friends about their favorite president. Try to find people who have lived long enough to have experienced many presidents. Create a chart showing who the most popular presidents were and then try to explain why.
- Create a “Jeopardy” game for the U.S. presidents. Write the questions and the answers.
- Pick one president for an in-depth research project and try to learn as much as you can.
- Learn about our current president. Research some of his contributions and then send him a letter!